Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Here's to Oxford Impressions "With Love!"

When I think about how I would answer the question "How do you get your ideas 
for  projects," I think I would say that it usually begins with a color scheme.  
The design then begins to evolve as I work with the colors. 

About 50% of my work is graphic design of educational materials, 
so I like to stay up with current color trends.  I was really happy to see that
 the Pantone color of 2013 is emerald.  I can't wait to see all the shades from 
emerald to aqua in all the clothes and products this year!
(On the way to work this morning I noticed brand new aqua dumpsters 
at a construction site--coincidence?)

In keeping with my process, I decided to use a light pink with 
aqua for my first design team project of the new year for 
Oxford Impressions' With Love collection
 

 I embossed an aqua paper with a wood-grain embossing folder and then rubbed it with gold ink.  I stamped an ivory scrap with various stamps in various colors, and chalked the aqua tint.  I finished with a spritz of walnut ink to give it some age and added a peek of vintage lace.


 

For the card above, I used the With Love collection and the bird and cage
from The Bird's Nest collection.  I stamped a pink polka dotted paper with
a blue cabochon and a brown trefoil in the center.  I added glitter highlights to
the trefoil with stickles.  I stamped the bird cage, bird, and sentiment and then cut them out.
I finished with a piece of embossed paper, light blue seam binding,
and a lovely piece of vintage lace.



















This is a versatile new stamp collection with nice images and sentiments for all occasions.
                                                                                                                              Laura

13 comments:

PamLuvsPink said...

Hi Laura!!!

Beautiful ideas. People still like when you take the time to add something that you made and give it to them. Anyone can have store bought, but, when I see that someone has spent time to make me something...It means the world to me!!

Pam

ornate splendor said...

Hi Laura, what beauties you have created! The "with love" card is just stunning! Thank you for sharing. Happy Creating, Catherine (new follower)

Ana Love Craft said...

Such beautiful ideas! Love the bird with blue tie!Thanks so much for sharing. Would love to have you visit me sometime.
Have a fabulous week!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Custom Comforts said...

What beautiful cards Laura! I always love looking at pretty cards and always intend to make some, but never seem to get around to it or collecting everything it takes to make them. I think maybe instead of making them, I'll just enjoy looking at yours. I love the bee one, especially since I used to be a beekeeper. Following back :)
Cindy

Doni said...

Hello Laura and welcome to my blog party! I'm delighted to get to visit you on your blog!! Thank you so much for sharing your cards with us this week!! You have done a lovely job on them! And I think the aqua looks great with the pinks!! And the lace....gotta have some of that!
So nice to visit you,
Blessings,
Doni

Kate said...

Wow! I've never seen these stamps before, they're wonderful as is your artwork :)

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful cards Laura, Great use of the new stamps
Hugs Lynn

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Beautiful Laura! Love al of the texture that you add. I have been loving aqua for a few years now. I notice it all over the place. Even saw an aqua tractor the other day. Aqua just makes me smile. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Those are beautiful cards, Laura! I have been "crushing" over all the aqua & turquoise that's popping up all over and continue to find ways to add it to my home decor -- so fresh and pretty!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Laura,
These are stunning!! Love the colors!!

Did I ever mention that I have stock in Swifter dusters and all their other products?? LOL!! It is still very much Winter here and will be until late April so all windows in the house are closed from about late October until April , cutting down on dust. Plus once it gets hot in the summer, in goes the air conditioners and again, no windows open so I don't have a lot fof outside dust blowing into the house....

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a kind comment!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

You make the most awesome cards. I stamp too, but you add that extra special touch to yours. Love them!

Jody

Decor To Adore said...

Oh the "just a note" is one sweet tweet!

I do hope you have entered the springtime giveaway I am currently hosting.

May you and yours enjoy a lovely St. Patrick's Day!

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

What a fantastic job! They are so beautiful!