Thursday, March 21, 2013

Exciting News

I've now posted the art from this issue. Click here.

Oh happy day!  I've actually been waiting a year for this:


If you create, you know that sometimes you make something that is beyond yourself. 
You get lost in the creative process, and what results comes mostly from somewhere other 
than your rational brain. It's a magical experience, and the art just feels so right.
 And when you're finished, you stand back as an onlooker and just feel like "yeah!"  
Hard to express in words...

I make many things that I feel are mediocre, and I'm always intimidated by other artists, but
I always sense when I've made something that is good--the form, color, detail just click.
 It's a wonderful knowingness that is a special privilege to experience. That's what
was happening with this series. I started with a color scheme, and
 a style, and the ideas kept coming. 

So I was very puzzled that it took a year for this to get published. 

But TODAY in my mailbox!!!!!!!!!
I have a three-page article with the nicest editorial comments.

Here's a hint of what's to come:

"...a circus themed collection that is awe-inspiring..."

I so wish I could post it right now, I'm sooooooo excited, but when the 
magazine hits the news stands on April 1, you can bet I'll be posting!

So thanks for sharing my excitement.  
Please come back to help me celebrate!  :-)

                                                                                                                                     Laura




3 comments:

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Congrats Laura! Can't wait to see. Well deserved, no doubt!
hugs,
Jann

Renee said...

Hi Laura, Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate it! A friend of mine and I were looking at your work in TSS last week and both of us thought your circus collection was AMAZING! Love the colors and the attention to detail. It is worth the wait when you get three pages, isn't it? Keep up the wonderful creative work.

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Congratulations, Laura! Thanks for the recent visit...I'm your newest follower!