Sunday, May 19, 2013

Everything Old becomes New Again - Vintage View Sunday

Whether it is furniture, glassware, jewelry, fabrics, typography, or paper crafts, I love it vintage. 
Often keeping everything true to the period can look stale.  But when the old is mixed with the new,
 the new refreshes the old, and the old is enlivened. These cards I just made are 
definitely vintage, but I used bright new contemporary colors and trending items like washi tape and hexagon patterns to bring them into the 21st century:


 Stamps from Oxford Impressions and Stampin' Up, washi measuring tape


Stamps from Oxford Impressions

Stamps from Stampin' Up with washi measuring tape and hexagon embossing folder

Some of the Vintage View Sunday party goers this week also used vintage in fresh ways.
(If you are featured, please grab my button and post on your blog.)

Michelle at The Day Before this Day made this adorable e-reader case using a corner of a vintage embroidered cloth with contemporary polka dot fabric--blending the old with the new.  
Check our her blog to see so many more of her lovely creations.  
I want to buy an e-reader just so I can buy this sleeve!


Susan at Eclectic Shorebird  mixed old pattern girls with the marvel of modern graphics programs 
to create adorable flash cards that can be used on tables or made into cards.
A gifted writer, she also crafted a brilliant first person narrative full of childhood excitement and 
wonder. I promise you will be transported to your sweetest childhood memories.  And the icing on the cake is the downloadable version of some of the flash cards for all of us to use!  Thank you Susan!

Lisa at Helene's Legacy took a vintage recipe from her great aunt and made it "friendly" for her family with food allergies by substituting coconut oil for butter.  Once more, something old becomes new again:

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful posts and blogs that really do illustrate
 how everything old becomes new again. 

Happy  Sunday!
Laura

Linking up with
Amaze Me Monday
Create It Thursday

It's that time again for the Vintage View Sunday Link Party!
Link up any post old or new that's about a vintage anything, and be sure to put a link on your blog back to mine!  :-)


15 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Laura,
Thanks so much for hosting!! I linked up the post on azalea's because they are considered an "older" type pf shrub and a lot of people don't plant them anymore....
Hugs,
Deb

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting. New GFC follower!

-Brittany Ruth

Tea in the Library said...

Thanks for hosting - and featuring my post.

VintageMom said...

Thanks so much for featuring my vintage recipe! Today I'm sharing an updated list of manners to teach our daughters -- life is different today but good manners are still important :)

Day before Michelle said...

Laura,
I can't thank you enough for featuring my e-reader sleeve!

I am so happy to have found your blog!!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh your cards are just little works of art! I love the buttons.

Have a gorgeous day!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Laura, I love your cards! You are so talented and I love the old with the new. I feel that way about decorating. Everything old and you get a musky smell. Everything new and it's stale. Put them together and VOILA! Love all of the features! Love your new party.
hugs,
Jann

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thanks for hosting! I'm you new follower. I looked everywhere and couldn't find a party button so I added a text link to my post... If you are wondering, I'm blonde, maybe that explains why I couldn't find the button...

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Laura, Thank you for hosting and also your sweet visit. I just linked up.
So glad you also enjoyed the Inn and stayed there in your travels. It is an amazing historical site. Vintage too.
Blessings and thanks for the invite. Hugs, Celestina Marie

Tea in the Library said...

Thank you for hosting. And thank you for featuring me! Your projects are gorgeous. You have such an eye for detail. I
really enjoy your blog, often learn something new (hotel silver - I am just waiting to show off knowing that term) and am finding lots of great new bloggers to visit at Sunday View Link Party. You've got a winner here and I'm thrilled to be in on the fun. Angels to you!

Astrid Maclean said...

Perfect combination of the old and the new here, - love your cards, so vintage with a modern twist!

Laura Turner said...

I am so unjoying all you imaginative, creative new friends. You are writers, creators, artists--people who bring beauty and thoughtfulness to the mundane. Thank you for sharing your lives, your encouragement, and your vision of beauty! This is one way the world becomes a better place!
I wish you all a week filled with moments of joy.
Warmly,
Laura

Laura Turner said...

I really meant "enjoying" not "UNjoying." I am only half-way through my first cup of coffee! :-)
Laura

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting. Those cards are so pretty. I've been a scrapbooker a long time but that's something I have never really tried...

stefanie said...

thanks so much for the invite!!!!