Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Oxford Impressions New Stamps: Jane's Garden

The new Jane's Garden collection of stamps from Oxford Impressions celebrates the memory of times past, so universally loved in Jane Austen novels. 
The common technique in the cards that I made is the use of cutting.  
I stamped and then cut out the images, which I find very relaxing.

The flower on the following card uses the paper toile technique, which requires stamping an
 image multiple times and then layering them with dimensional tape to give a 3D effect.


When working with detailed images, it's often easier to stamp in the same color, 
like a toile print, rather than trying to color with markers or watercolor:


These kept me busy for most of my day off today. I would love to know if there is one that you prefer...  Later this week I plan to post some simple tags and cards using just one or two images from this collection--quick and easy.
Laura
I'm linking up with these blogs parties and/or challenges:

Rogue Redhead Designs, May Flowers Challenge


6 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Laura, I just love your cards and the techniques used to get such gorgeous results. I love the toile style. Just stunning.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Maureen said...

Nice job Laura - pretty cards.

PetraB said...

These are so lovely.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These are beautiful. We watched a Jane Austen movie last night! Hugs!

The Tablescaper said...

I host a weekly link party called "Seasonal Sundays". This week, in honor of my fourth blog-a-versary, I'm having a giveaway of a $100.00 gift certificate to HomeGoods/TJ Maxx. I'd love to have you join the fun!

- The Tablescaper

Debbie K. said...

Such pretty cards, Laura! My favorite is the first one with the buttons. Very creative....