Friday, May 31, 2013

Paper Buttons and Mini Cards

I pinned a wonderful YouTube button tutorial and couldn't wait to try my hand at making tiny paper buttons.  I thought it might be a time-waster--why not buy real buttons--
but I fell in love with the process and the idea and the look!  
I made a whole bunch out of two of the new Stampin Up In Colors:




So fun and colorful and perfect to wrap twine around on tiny envelopes!  I cut a whole bunch of little envelopes and decorated them with  punched flowers.
What a great way to use scraps!


I took a pre-made card and cut it into three smaller cards that would fit inside:




And voila! Adorable little cards that are like a tiny gift in themselves:

The dies, punches, stamps and ink are all from Stampin' Up.  
The paper is from K &Company.

I am entering this post in the Rogue Redhead Designs, May Flowers Challenge

and on these blog parties:
The Blog Post Office @ Sunny in Tucson
Made by You Mondays @ Skip To My Lou
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Make the Scene Mondays Alderberry Hill
Making The World Cuter Monday Making The World Cuter
Market Yourself Mondays @Sumo’s Sweet Stuff
Masterpiece Mondays @ Boogie Board Cottage
Mop It Up Mondays@ I Should Be Mopping The Floor
More The Merrier DIY Home Sweet Home
Motivate Me Monday Keeping It Simple

Sweet and Simple Fridays @ Rooted in Time

7 comments:

Tea in the Library said...

Love Stamp It Up products! These are adorable. Can't wait to try it!

PetraB said...

these are darling and such a wonderful idea

Anonymous said...

Cute pieces! Thanks for playing along at the RRD Rebel Challenge!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is such a cute idea! I would love to make some to package my little crochet bracelets in! Very pretty! Hugs!

Netty said...

pretty idea, I love them, x

Vicki said...

Great idea! These are adorable. Thanks for playing along with the Rogue Redhead Rebel Challenge-May Flowers.

Victoria Lavender said...

Wonderful post, I’ve enjoyed it very much. I hope you don’t mind that I’ve reposted it at my linky gallery “The Blog POST OFFICE”. It’s a Reverse Linkly. The gallery is a lovely place being filled with great blog posts like yours and other fab bloggers. Drop by, I hope you’ll enjoy the POST OFFICE too. If you place a backlink of “The POST OFFICE” with your post, you may be considered for the “First Class Post” award.

Thank you, have a SUNNY day, Victoria Lavender