Monday, July 1, 2013

Tag Tuesday: Z is for Zymurgy

I'm fortunate to have quite a few friends who are librarians, one of whom gave me the word, "zymurgy."  My tag says it all, so I will keep you in suspense for the definition.  Here's a hint: I used my current favorite substrate--beer cartons:

I knew I wanted to use the woman from the DoubleTake carton, so I cut her out.  I also chose a few elements from the White Hawk carton. It took a few days to determine how to arrange the elements and what kind of background looked best. Once I decided on a chalkboard, I sprayed a scrap of cardboard with chalkboard paint and free-handed the definition and ornament with a chalk pen.  It took many tries. Here's the result:

Did it cause you to do a Double Take?  :-)
Laura

7 comments:

Cathy said...

How clever, and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Most definitely very clever and wonderful results making use of re-cycling (oh how I love that!).
Laura, thank you so much for your kind comment regarding my Lily Elsie tags and my passion for photo real stamps. I am having some fun with a few Tattoo Ladies that I know of (have you met them yet yourself?!!!)
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Most definitely very clever and wonderful results making use of re-cycling (oh how I love that!).
Laura, thank you so much for your kind comment regarding my Lily Elsie tags and my passion for photo real stamps. I am having some fun with a few Tattoo Ladies that I know of (have you met them yet yourself?!!!)
Wishes
Lynne

PetraB said...

Love this tag, so very clever and brilliant recycling!

Laura Turner said...

Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone! Tag Tuesday is really stoking my creative fire! :-)

Tea in the Library said...

Inspiration is every where. Reminds me of a the specials the blackboard at a great pub. Brilliant!

Tonya said...

Hi Laura!

First off I want to say WOW!!! LOVE everything about your blog....which I'm now following. Second I have the copy of the April/May/June issue of Stamper's Sampler...love all your cards you created in that issue!!! Third thanks for the kind remarks about my blog Creative Addiction to Paper and thanks for the following my blog. I know I will be coming back regularly to check out your latest creations.
Happy weekend to you!!!

Tonya Wilson

Psssss...I know where Lenoir City is and I'm a big Vols fan :-)