Sunday, November 3, 2013

Inspired Sunday Blog Party and Halloween Afterglow

How many of you are like me in that the best time of a holiday seems to be after it is over?  The decorations are still up, fond memories have been made, there is leftover food or candy, and you can finally relax and just appreciate it all.  That's how I felt on November 1st, and 2nd, and even today.  I am enjoying the few decorations that I managed to get up and the tag I made for Tag Tuesday this week:


I am relishing the way my colleagues at work put together their best creative efforts and turned our suite into a Wild West town after work hours the night before Halloween. 

                                                                    Our food table:
  Our candy bar:




A very clever cookie with a melted
witch and her broom.



We thought my pumpkin "carving" might win
the pumpkin carving contest, dea, but alas, it did not.























I am smiling deeply at how our art director friend and his wife transformed the whole front of their house and yard into a Western town  (love that the Wild West happened to be everyone's theme this year).  






I went as a bawdy lady of the evening. I was really tired by Halloween evening, and decided just to look as er, um, "authentic" as I could, so ... hmm... gotta have a little bit of fun, huh?

So rather than cleaning up really quickly and moving on to the next holiday, I like to reflect, and smile and enjoy the creativity, friendship, and fun that was shared this week.  I am lingering in Halloween afterglow.  Are you?
Laura

We had some wonderful posts at the last blog party, I hope you found much to enjoy.   Susan at Eclectic Shorebird seemed to be lingering in the last bit of beauty that summer had to offer.  Julie, at Creating this Life, also seemed to be lingering a bit too, gathering bits of green branches and other "yard clippings" to bring indoors for lovely arrangements.  And because I'm still lingering in the Halloween afterglow, I browsed through Jann's post at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen and enjoyed so much her clever witch's tea.  The fantasy and decorations are so much fun! Being a paper crafter, her Witch's Travel Guide had special appeal for me:


I hope that you will link up your inspired posts this weekend.  Please link back to my blog from your blog.  I can't wait to see what you're up to!

10 comments:

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Laura, you look super cute! A mighty fine damsel. lol! Thanks so much for featuring my Witches Hand Guide! I think it is one of the most fun things I have ever made. Your tag is fantastic! I am always in awe of your creativity! The town is really cute. Everyone really went to a lot of work. Thanks for hosting and happy Sunday!
hugs,
Jann

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Laura,
I love this post and the one before it!! Great stuff!!
I linked up this week's and from last week's post so i hope you don't mind...
Thanks for the party!! Glad that your computer is up and running!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures Laura! I am glad you all had a wonderful Halloween. It is not celebrated in a big way in my country but I have been fascinated by the Halloween posts I have seen. Thanks for hosting and have a great week.

Trisha said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Thanks for letting me join in this week!

~Trisha

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

Love that you take time to reflect. We are so busy rushing, that we don't categorize the events to memory! love that you had such a fun weekend!-aimee

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Oh you looked funny! Thanks for hosting! And sorry to show up that late!

Nancy said...

Hi, Laura! Loved the photos. How great that your workplace hosts fun events. The last corporation I worked for before I retired did that, too. We had so much fun. Thanks for hosting the party. Have a great week!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Laura,
Thanks for stopping by! I think our Michael's really expanded the seasonal department. It is on side whole side of the store from front to back when it never was that lasrge before!!

Hugs,
Deb

Tea in the Library said...

WOW Looks like you had a great Halloween! I'm with you on the savoring and afterglow ... I don't rush through the seasons or holidays. Plus I'm just really behind in general. 'A day late and a dollar short' would be a perfect blurb for my life!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore it all. What a smile you've put on my face.

Have a lovely fall week!

Laura